Monday 5 March 2012

Hula hoop hopeful

I've found myself in a situation where I have to build my own hula hoop.  In the past (one time) I bought a hula hoop at folk fest.  This hoop has served me well.   In performance, swirling around my middle while I brushed my teeth, or playing the ukulele while hooping for my own amusement. Now, the unthinkable has happened.  Can the circle be broken?  Yes.  I'm leading a beginner hula hoop class next week, and will eventually be hooping for Circus of Objects in the fall so it is necessary I have a working hoop. You can find many DIY sites showing you how to BYOH, but most involve heat guns and couplers.  I'm not sure I can spell "coupler" right, and I don't own a heat gun (although my hair dryer, which I barely use, shoots heat.  Does that count?)  At any rate, I can't seem to be able to just buy a hula hoop (of quality, no plastic with sand for me) so off to the hardware store I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment