Wednesday 11 July 2012

Last minute

Remember when I said I was prepared?  Well, it turns out I'm in the same place as I always am as the Fringe quickly approaches.  The panicked state when you realize you open next week.

It's the last minute life style and things are coming together, albeit a bit later than I'd hoped. 

Someone asked me this week
"how are you feeling about things?"

I think as promoters we are to say
 "great!  hope you'll come see it!"

But as honesty always trumps my forethought or common sense in situations like these I said

 "We are in that scary place where you don't know if the show is going to come together"

 I quickly ammended my comment with:

 "of course it always does"

and it does.  But every year, every show you get to feel that little bit of fear.  Keeps you on your toes, as they say.

HOPE YOU'LL COME SEE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment