Monday 23 July 2012

4 stars for Lulu

I maintain that it deserves 5, but I guess the acoustics of the venue, of which we have no control (although I did hang some blankets at the back of the room) prevent our full star potential.
http://www.cbc.ca/manitoba/scene/fringe/2012/07/lulu-a-monster-tragedy.html

Anyway, here is the CBC review by a very well informed reviewer who knows his theatrical stuff.  It's an actual review of the production and not just an acoustic complaint like some other  "reviewers" (if you can call some that, since they don't review theatre for the entire year, yet we are to accept their opinions as authority.  Oh Fringe, where is thy sting?).  Bitterness?  No!  If I, as a theatre artist, am to be open to criticism of my art, then so should they, as theatre reviewers, be open to criticism of their art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment