Wednesday 15 February 2012

New and improve (ing)

This is my new blog.  I had so much fun writing for MTC's Shawfest that I just have to keep going.
This, right now, is a test.  I'm totally new to blogging and especially naive about technological advances.  That sounds slightly as though technology is making advances on me, and maybe that's what I mean, I am beginning to respond to it.  Maybe it'll succeed.  We shall see, in the meantime I will come up with something more interesting to read.  Maybe there will be more theatre reviews that I can criticize.  Not that there hasn't been already, just this past week I read a review for "The Fighting Days" at MTC which actually read like a plot summary (big surprise). But on top of that, there was no critical analysis to be found in the least, yet it still took up half the page.  The amount of "ink" wasted on this review was appalling.  So many words, so little said.  I thought it was a good production.  I'm not a fan of the play, not to say the subject matter isn't important, I thought it was a good idea, but the play, I don't think, is a very dramatic play.  There, I said it!  My opinion everyone,
'til next time
c

No comments:

Post a Comment